A new season is here so it’s time to map out what you will share on social! Maintaining a social media schedule is the best way to set yourself up for steady growth. You can plan content out with plain ole’ pen and paper, use a task management tool like Asana, or get fancy and create a spreadsheet. We’re here to get you started.
Answer the questions below to build out your content calendar:
What Will Your Customers Be up to This Fall?
In other words, what season are your fans currently in? Are they already doing some holiday shopping? Are they busy with the kids since school is back in session? Are they planning trips to see family? Staying in for the holidays? Take some time to put yourself in your fans’ shoes and make some informed guesses about what they will be up to for the next few months. Make a big list of everything you can think of!
What Is Going on With You This Fall?
Next, make a list of everything going on with your business currently and a few months down the line. Here’s a list to get your thoughts going:
- What are your current promotions?
- What are your future promotions?
- What new products or services are you launching this fall?
- Do you have any events planned?
- Are your hours changing during this season or during the holidays? Special hours?
- Are you refreshing/decorating your space for the new season?
- What holidays will you be celebrating?
- Are you planning on hiring during this new season?
Plus, a Few More Things to Consider:
- Is there anything that you’ve been meaning to post about but haven’t gotten around to?
- What was your most popular post last month? Least popular?
- When were the best times to post last month?
- Do you want to invest in ads this month? What kind of content should you put that money behind?
- Do you normally have more or fewer notifications during this time?
Next, Add Some Fun Stuff
- Fun holiday posts
- Engaging questions
- Contests & Giveaways
- Behind the scenes looks
- Blogs & industry updates
At this point, you should have a lot of ideas that are a good mix of topics that cover what’s going on with you, what your fans want to see, and some extra fun things to keep things interesting.
Now the Fun Part—Create a Schedule.
As we mentioned earlier, any format that works for you works but here’s one option: Social Media Content Schedule. To edit this spreadsheet with your content, make a copy!
Happy Fall! What new things are you trying on social media this month? We’d love to hear about it in the comments. Let us know and continue browsing our blog for more tips & tricks. Here’s something: 4 Common Social Media Caption Mistakes (and How to Fix Them)
Pipeline Social Media is a Digital Marketing Agency that offers three approaches to help you increase your social media presence: we can fully manage your social media accounts, we can teach your team how to do it in-house, or we can monitor/coach your team along the way and report back to you. Ask us about our Google AdWords management, web design, and SEO website packages. Contact: 678-814-4601 | 280 Country Club Drive, Suite 101, Stockbridge, GA 30281